A free ALM Activity for GPs. Participants will gain an increased understanding of multimorbidity and new strategies to assist in the management of patients with multiple chronic conditions.
Application has been made to the RACGP for 40 Category 1 QI&CPD points for this activity.
- Multimorbidity and its impact on patients
- Challenges of managing patients with multimorbidity
- Strategies for managing patients with multiple chronic conditions in general practice
- Using Motivational Interviewing as a tool to effect patient change
- Interactive case studies, Q&A, discussions and role play
After this session attendees will be able to:
- Summarise the current understanding of multimorbidity/definition and its impact on patients
- Identify the challenges faced by general practitioners when caring for patients with multiple chronic conditions
- Develop strategies for the management of patients with multiple chronic conditions, including processes that support patient safety
- Apply motivational interviewing skills when managing patients with multiple chronic conditions.