We’re still here for you
- COVID-19 information for health professionals is available here
- COVID-19 information for community members is available here
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced temporary changes to our work and home lives.
We just want you to know that at Primary Health Tasmania, we are still here for you – for our Tasmanian community members, and the health professionals who support them.
We have heeded government advice to limit the spread of the virus in the community and have been working from home where that won’t affect our core activities. But that won’t impact on the service you get from us.
You can still ring our offices on 1300 653 169 to speak to a staff member, or email us at email@example.com (general inquiries) or firstname.lastname@example.org (health professional inquiries). Individual staff members can still be contacted via their usual email addresses.
We continue to work closely with Australian and Tasmanian government departments of health and local health and wellbeing services to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our work supporting Tasmanian community members has included:
- helping establish GP-led respiratory clinics
- running a community awareness campaign encouraging people to keep on top of their overall health during the pandemic
- supporting non-profit groups to stay connected with local community members through video conferencing.
Our work supporting Tasmanian healthcare providers has included:
- distributing surgical masks from the Australian Government’s national emergency stockpile
- sourcing and distributing reusable face shields
- hosting webinars on a range of topics including infection control and caring for patients with COVID-19
- developing COVID-specific care pathways for our Tasmanian HealthPathways portal
- providing information and resources on topics such as telehealth and electronic prescribing.
Many of our commissioned health service providers have had to adapt their service delivery models to ensure clients can still access the care and support they need during this period. We have been helping them through this.
Our health intelligence team – a highly skilled group of public health physicians, clinical epidemiologists, biostatisticians and health statistics and research officers – has had a role in forecasting the impact of the virus in Tasmania, which has helped health services plan their COVID-19 response.
We appreciate your patience and support during this uncertain time and look forward to continuing to work with you.