Immunisation seminar for GPs, practice nurses, immunisers and pharmacists.
There is street parking around the venue, particularly on Derwent Street, Church Street and Park Street. All parking that is not signed is all-day and free of charge. Please note that the designated carpark towards the beach end of Derwent Street is a 2 hour zone and is monitored closely by the council. There are a number of wheelchair access parks on the left hand side of Derwent Street as you drive down toward the main steps.
Access to conference room:
Access to the Ricky Ponting Room is via the main steps of Western Gate, towards the beach end of Derwent street. Signage will direct you. There is also lift access from street level next to the steps.
Professor Paul Van Buynder will share information on a variety of topics, including:
- Influenza 2019: Record vaccines and record notifications – what next?
- Measles in the elimination phase
- Meningococcal disease in the ‘post-vaccine era’
- Herpes Zoster disease and vaccines
- Pneumococcal vaccines in the elderly
- Vaccine hesitancy
Australian Immunisation Register will provide information about the transition from authentication file to Provider Digital Access
The Communicable Diseases Prevention Unit will present on
- state-funded immunisation programs
- the National Immunisation Program
- adverse effects following immunisation reporting
- useful immunisation resources
- cold chain information, including new ‘Strive for 5’ requirements
- vaccine ordering
- wastage and leakage.
Tanya Panitzki, clinical nurse consultant on immunisation, will present on catch up immunisation schedules and avoiding shoulder injury related to vaccine administration.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 653 169