Primary Health Network, Education and Training (P-NET) are offering three, two-hour wound care sessions on Saturday 4 December. You can choose to attend all three sessions or the one that most interests you. There is a limit of 20 attendees for each session. This event is now at capacity. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist please email email@example.com and identify which sessions you would like to be waitlisted for.
Session 1 – Wound assessment (waitlist being taken)
- Describe and apply the “Triangle of Wound Assessment” to the management of wounds in General Practice
The format of this session will involve a discussion-based approach and group work.
Session 2 – Ankle Brachial Pressure Index (ABPI) and compression (waitlist being taken)
- Explain the indication for an ABPI.
- Demonstrate use of equipment in a general practice setting to conduct an ABPI.
- Demonstrate an understanding and interpretation of results and plan patient care accordingly.
The format of this session will involve group work, with a focus on patient preparation and care planning.
Session 3 – Wound dressings (waitlist being taken)
- Identify types of wound care products by categories.
- Demonstrate knowledge to select a wound care product to best manage the wound according to the assessment findings.
The format of this session will involve case studies and the use of wound care products.